Café Insurance specialists

0800 368 9018

Or Email Us

What is Cafe Business Insurance?

As an increasingly popular outlet, cafes are a common sight on the high street. While there is a large portion of franchised businesses, smaller local shops are continuing to thrive as well.

Most coffee shops and cafes receive a higher number of customers than the traditional restaurant, often for lunch or just for a drink. This means there is a greater chance of injury to customers while in your cafe, especially when most do not use a table service and transporting drinks often leads to spills. 

With its own unique set of requirements having a cafe business insurance policy that gives sufficient coverage is important. With high-value equipment in regular use and a higher footfall, there are numerous dangers that our experts can help account for with your policy.

What Cover Do I Need For My Cafe Policy?

While the risks that require cover may seem universal across most coffee shops and cafes, that couldn’t be further from the truth. As an industry that accommodates for a range of business sizes and formats, we recommend discussing your requirements for your coffee shop or cafe with one of our experts.

Some of the areas we can assist in providing cover for include:

Public Liability Insurance

Every customer in your business is your responsibility to keep safe. Particularly within coffee shops and cafes, the risk to customers is increased in particular with regards to the risk of slips and falls. Coverage can also help protect your business from claims if an employee accidentally damages a customers possessions, for example, a laptop.

Employers Liability Insurance

If you employ workers you will require employers liability insurance, even if only part-time, temporary or contract staff. This can assist in covering the costs related to an employee being injured while working for and then deciding to take legal action as a result. While this is a legal requirement our team can help ensure you are covered at the correct level for most risks related to employer liability.

Business Interruption Insurance

Covering your lost revenue when you are unable to operate can make a considerable difference, especially when serious damage has occurred that prevents you from opening. If you’re unable to open as a result of certain conditions, which can include fires and flood damage, this can help cover the lost revenue as a result. However, this is not a replacement for buildings and contents insurance.

Product Liability Insurance

Even when preparing basic foods on-site there is still the risk that a customer may get sick after eating at your business. Product liability coverage can help protect you against a claim for food poisoning as a result of consuming a meal at your coffee shop or cafe. 

Buildings & Contents Insurance

If you own the premises on which you operate then buildings cover is essential and provides cover for an insured event. Contents coverage is also important and will help protect expensive equipment, such as coffee machinery if a similar insured event occurs. Depending on your business we may also recommend separate stock insurance to cover damage to goods stored on-site for sale. 

We aim to provide you with first class service at all times.

What Type Of Businesses Can Be Covered?

As the food and drink industry has many different types of establishment we can likely help provide cover for your business. Some of the establishments that may be covered by this business insurance include:

  • Cafes
  • Coffee Shops
  • Tea Rooms
  • Snack Bars
  • Bistros

Find The Right Coffee Shop & Cafe Business Insurance For You

With our expert brokers, you can be confident in the fact that your claim will be dealt with in a respectful and efficient manner by our specialist team. With coffee shops and cafes amongst the most common independent businesses on the high street, we understand that unexpected costs can have a huge effect on your life as well as your business. 

For more information on our coffee shops and cafe business insurance, simply contact the team. Alternatively, you can request a call back. Our team will be more than happy to discuss your policy needs and answer any questions you may have.

Latest News

  • Our Promise

    We only insure qualified Medical Professionals for Injectable Treatments

    We are completely independent and trade with integrity – which means we always act in your best interest to place your business with an insurer that’s right for you.

    We work with a team of experts from medical solicitors, qualified health and safety clinical specialists, accountants and Patient Consultation Technology companies to bring together the best services to robustly protect your organisation from every angle.

    We take the time to fully understand the DNA of how your organisation operates by visiting you in person to fully review all the varying exposures within your business and provide guidance, risk management advice and look at any gaps or exposures in cover you may have and implement an insurance solution designed to meet your needs.

    We’re here to defend you, we only work with insurers who take a strong stance against defending claims and involve you every step of the way.

    Enquire Today

    • Our broking experts are here to assist you throughout the year.

      Enquire Today

      • Our broking experts are here to assist you throughout the year.

        Enquire Today

        • Our broking experts are here to assist you throughout the year.

          Enquire Today

          • Our broking experts are here to assist you throughout the year.

            Enquire Today

            • Our broking experts are here to assist you throughout the year.

              Enquire Today

              • Our broking experts are here to assist you throughout the year.

                Enquire Today

                • Our broking experts are here to assist you throughout the year.

                  Enquire Today

                  • Download PDF

                    • IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM LLOYD’S

                      Lloyd’s is proposing to transfer certain EEA insurance policies to Lloyd’s Brussels. The proposed transfer will not change terms and conditions of any policy, except that Lloyd’s Brussels will become the insurer and Data Controller in respect of the transferred policies.

                      Further information about the proposal (including whether it could affect your pre-transfer position), which policies are transferring, your rights and what you need to do can be found at

                    • Our broking experts are here to assist you throughout the year.

                      Enquire Today

                      • 0800 368 9018

                        General Enquiry